In today’s episode, I talk to Dr Robyn Pickering from the University of Melbourne, with an update on the status of research regarding the discovery of Australopithecus Sedeba. Topics discussed include:
- the age of the Australopithecus Sedeba has been confirmed
- how the more accurate dates were determined
- how does this relate to homo?
- did Sedeba and Homo live side by side?
- is there a ‘discovery bias’ in terms of what has been discovered so far?
- were the caves that these bones found in habitable?
- do we know much about the behaviour of these creatures?
- what is the next step for research in this area?
- what are the different forms of Australopithecus?
You can donate by clicking on the button above, and subscribe by subscribing in iTunes