In this episode, which is the first of a 2 part interview, I talk once again with Professor Roger Short, from the University of Melbourne on further topics regarding Asian elephants, and on saving them.
– What are elephants used for?
– How many elephants have been released back into the wild from zoo breeding?
– What’s been doing to help prevent ivory trade?
– What is being done to help elephants breed?
– Where does the term ‘white elephant’ come from?
– The intelligence of elephants
– Elephant communication
– Vocalisations of African elephants vs Asian elephants
– Asian elephant vocabulary
– The playback of Helena Harrington’s elephant sounds to elephants in both Australia and the UK
– The friendliness of Asian Elephants
You can donate by clicking on the button above, and subscribe by subscribing in iTunes