In this episode, which is the first of a 2 part interview, I talk once again with Professor Roger Short, from the University of Melbourne on further topics regarding Asian elephants, and on saving them.
- What are elephants used for?
- How many elephants have been released back into the wild from zoo breeding?
- What’s been doing to help prevent ivory trade?
- What is being done to help elephants breed?
- Where does the term ‘white elephant’ come from?
- The intelligence of elephants
- Elephant communication
- Vocalisations of African elephants vs Asian elephants
- Asian elephant vocabulary
- The playback of Helena Harrington’s elephant sounds to elephants in both Australia and the UK
- The friendliness of Asian Elephants
You can donate by clicking on the button above, and subscribe by subscribing in iTunes