In today’s episode, I talk to Brains Matter regular, Dr Corin Storkey, from the Heart Research Centre in Sydney. He talks to us about new research into a type of sugar that could prevent heart disease!
We talk about:
– the patent that has been filed on a new sugar based compound
– how the sugar helps fight heart disease
– are these the types of sugar we normally eat?
– a description of Atherosclerosis
– how oxidation helps with this type of heart disease
– how does this affect fat?
– some of the effects of Atherosclerosis
– the work Corin has been doing
– is this work recovery or treatment?
– the enzyme that helps clean out your system
– what household product this is similar to
– why is your snot green?
– the element selenium, and how it relates to Corin’s research
– some of the attributes of selenium
– stereo chemistry
– some thoughts on how will this compound be distributed
– some commentary on the amounts and types of fat from different cultures, how the relation to heart disease changes based on diet
– and an out-take at the end!
Today’s listener of the episode is Matthew Lane from Colorado in the US.
You can donate by clicking on the button above, and subscribe by subscribing in iTunes