In today’s episode, I talk to Dr Duncan Galloway, ARC Future Fellow at Monash University. His interest is in Neutron Star Binaries and I talked to him about this:
– Duncan’s background
– What is a neutron star?
– How big is a neutron star?
– How does a neutron star stay together?
– The formation of neutron stars
– What happens in a binary system where one is a neutron star?
– Is it possible to have twin neutron binaries?
– What is the difference between a pulsar and a neutron star?
– How fast do these systems spin?
– What causes ‘hot spots’ on a neutron star?
– How dense is a neutron star?
– Are neutron stars really made from neutrons?
– How do we make measurements from neutron stars?
Today’s listener of the episode is Lisa Clague from France.
You can donate by clicking on the button above, and subscribe by subscribing in iTunes